Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bicyclingforum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Pine Creek Rail Trail
Topic Started: May 25 2017, 07:43 AM (48 Views)
tony
Cruiser
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The wife and I rode the PCRT Monday and Tuesday. We overnighted at Slate Run, Pa. The trail is as one would expect...relatively flat with no real elevation changes. We rode from Wellsboro Junction south. So we did have a slight downhill grade. The scenery was exceptional. In my opinion much better than the GAP. The first half seemed a bit more remote than the second half.

Pine Creek Outfitters did our shuttle. Except for a minor snag with a young female employee on Sunday at their headquarters, which was cleared up on Monday morning, all went well. Except for this one young female employee the rest of the group was very nice and very helpful.

Sunday evening was spent at Penn-Wells Motel in Wellsboro, Monday night on the trail was spent at Hotel Manor in Slate Run and Tuesday night in Jersey Shore at the Gamble Farms Inn.

Wednesday morning we headed home and stopped in Brookville, Pa. and rode a portion of the Redbank Rail Trail. Another nice ride.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

rwf 1944
Cruiser
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
tony, i have ridden the whole trail 3 times and i agree the upper half is the most scenic, however i usually ride the lower half because i only do day trips, heck i have to drive 50 miles just to get to jersey shore so starting from wellsboro junction makes a long drive anyway i'm glad you made the ride and found it worthwhile, by the way did you see any snakes :'(

tony
Cruiser
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
rwf,

This is a ride we'll likely do again. Next time we'd add some hiking trail side trips to it just to add a bit of time to the trip.

We did see one rattle snake...but he was squashed dead on the highway. There was a section of highway 44 (I think but could be wrong on the route number) that comes right along side of the bike trail and the snake was there. We did see deer, squirrels and chipmunks and two bald eagles. Not much in the way of bike traffic on the trail. and not one bear. lol

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Bicycle Touring · Next Topic »
Add Reply