Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bicyclingforum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Photobucket Ransom
Topic Started: Jul 4 2017, 07:18 PM (102 Views)
Johnny Thunder
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If you have been hosting your photos on Photobucket like I have for the last 14 years, then you are in for a surprise. I have thousands of images hosted there and they are posted on this site along with my Geo Metro Forum. Out of the blue, every image (14 billion+) hosted there by millions of users are no longer allowed to be used on their forums , blogs, Ebay, Craigslist, and many other sites and have been replaced with this image.........

Posted Image

Going to the link allows you to upgrade your account to allow 3rd party hosting for a fee of $399.00 per year :bananaburn

So basically every image I posted here and on many other sites are gone. I have 3 Photobucket accounts so this makes things even worse. I understand this was a free image hosting site and all good things must come to an end, but you think they could have warned there millions of subscribers via E-mail of the coming changes.
Posted Image
Ride what you like
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tony
Hardcore
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
$399?? WOW... what a hit. Maybe something a little more reasonable could have been tolerated, but for cripes sake, $399!! I seldom use Photobucket and have little stored there but what I do have they can keep. Nothing much seems to be free anymore.

Tony
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tony
Hardcore
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
How we gonna post pics here now??

Johnny Thunder
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Can still upload pics right from the forum for now.
Posted Image
Ride what you like

IndianaRecRider
Member Avatar
Cyclist
[ *  *  * ]
I do see that they have a monthly option in the event you can't pony-up the $399 all at once. At $39.99 a month, for 12 months that come out to $479.98, so screw that as well. I'm going to try to move some of my pictures to tinypic.com. At least they're still a free service.....for now.

:)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Cycling...If You're Not Having Fun, You're Definitely Doing It Wrong. :)

My New Blog....Adam's Cycling Musings

Please visit my ride video channel...NWI Cyclist's Videos

Johnny Thunder
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
You can upload ppics right here on the site, so that is a plus. I need to fix all the broken images.
Posted Image
Ride what you like

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Off Topic · Next Topic »
Add Reply